Saturday, February 11, 2012

2/11/2012 Psalm 16 on Joy

Lessons on Joy from Psalm 16
V 2 I said to the Lord, "You are my Lord; apart from you I have no good thing." ….
V8 I have set the Lord always before me. Because he is at my right hand, I will not be shaken.
V9 Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices; my body also will rest secure,
V10 because you will not abandon me to the grave, nor will you let your Holy One see decay.
V11 You have made known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand.

This Psalm reminds me that all my good can only come from the Lord. He is my only source of joy and delight.
These days I am trying to understand more about my longings and desires, wondering how I can be liberated from the confinement and transcend them.

This Psalm promises joy that even the body can rest secure. Lord, I am still drawn to different earthly pleasures, help me look unto You. Made Your path of life known to me! I long for the eternal pleasures at your right hand to replace my earthly treasures. I pray that I would experience this as a reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment