Wednesday, May 16, 2012

May 16 2012 God's Providence

We have got a home in Ma Wan! Let me share this amazing experience with you. We have been searching and praying for a flat for quite a few months. The rising price of homes in Hong Kong was alarming and there were few available flats in Ma Wan. There was a mild ditch in price between Christmas and New Year. However we lost opportunities because we were not able to be decisive. Originally there was one flat that I really liked. It was exactly what a prayed for - a neat flat facing southwest with a sea view towards Noah’s ark and in move-in condition. However we were not decisive and missed out the opportunity bidding for this flat. In Hong Kong, buying a flat requires super-quick decision making. I began to doubt whether we would ever get a flat with Victor’s “wait-for-lower-price” strategy. I really prayed hard – not so much for the home now but for faith in His providence despite our indecisiveness! I also prayed that I would trust in His sovereign will and His perfect plan, such that I can go with Victor’s leadership in this matter as well. I somewhat gave up then as the price flared up again! Then this flat appeared but it was somewhat expensive, higher than our initial budget. We were ready to give up and pass. I reached a point that I could submit to His good will even if it meant renting a place from the village flats in Ma Wan. The real estate agent worked real hard and the deal was made. We moved in! At first I was not sure whether I would like this flat. In fact now I felt that it was better than the flat I initially liked. There is also a sea view. Although we cannot see the Noah’s Ark, we can hear the waves! I am so thankful. The Lord provides! Moreover He really can work through our weaknesses (e.g. lack of knowledge, indecisiveness, etc.) to give us the better than we can imagine. His way is indeed higher than ours. I think it also helps me and Victor work as a team. While we have different expectations and different approaches to this, we prayed together. The Lord works through both of us (our strengths and our weaknesses) in some miraculous way such that we complement each other somehow. Most important of all, we both experience His Providence together.

No comments:

Post a Comment