Monday, March 14, 2011

March 14th My Husband the Cheerful Helper

Today I read my blog entry on my goodfightdoris.blogspot.com last year March 14. I wrote about Victor and me. So today I would write about us again.

Let me share with you our landmark day last Saturday (March 12, 2011). Victor was invited to speak in an evangelistic meeting at a large church and somehow he was not able to decline. I don’t think he has the gift for evangelism. However we cannot only choose tasks we are “good at," and we must do our best to be faithful.

On that day I had a very bad day, physically fatigued, emotionally drained and spiritually on trial. So he went to the pier to pick me up, then got me lunch, massaged my sore shoulder, accompanied me to the pool to exercise, boiled my herbal medicine, cooked dinner and washed dishes. Then we went to church together. He was his usual self preaching the Word of God, following the bible passage closely. I had never heard him preach from such as distance and he looked good on screen despite the grey hair! I told him afterwards that he got a perfect rating from me – not only because he did a fine job preaching a difficult passage but also because he was able to take care of me doing all the tasks cheerfully before getting himself ready for the preaching in the evening.

As I was looking at mu husband from a distance in the audience, I thank the Lord for him. One year ago I wrote on the blog that I did not want to lose my earning power so that he would not need to choose a ministry to support me. Today I note that he can choose whatever ministries he wants to because I can see the Lord leading him. One year ago I was not too sure how he can handle my having cancer. Today I note that he certainly has learned to take good care of me.

I am once again amazed how the illness has made us stronger together in the Lord. The Lord has certainly blessed both of us! It is a landmark day because I feel like he is my cheerful helper too. In the past I felt some pressure to be his helper - now I feel more confident that the Lord will direct us to help each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment