Monday, March 21, 2011

March 21 Cancer-free license renewal

Today I visited the doctor to check the ultrasound results. Praise God there is no change from last time - so I have a renewed my cancer-free license for 3 months! I recalled that during chemotherapy my entire focus was to get myself ready for the next shot every 3 weeks. Now it is check-up every 3 months and so I should not complain!

Afterwards I visited a tourist site near the medical building. Last year I cried at this spot after receiving the bad news. I was alone before Him. I cried and reflected on my "short" life and all my "unfinished" businesses. Today I worshipped the Lord there and remembered that I had laid all my unfulfilled wishes and unfinished businesses on the altar. I thanked Him for His goodness and mercy. I want to love Him and hold onto His love until I would see Him in eternity.

I finished my Forgiveness Sunday School course yesterday. I praise God for this privilege to share with brothers and sisters their life journey. Many of them are eager to obey His commandment to learn to forgive. In particular I thank God for Hanson - He is 88 years old and he needs to walk slowly with a crutch. He only missed one class due to sickness and he asked for the class notes for the missed session! He was always on time, sitting in the 1st row and actively particpated in bible study and small group discussions. I acknowledged him in class yesterday as an inspiring role model. I don't think I would live that long but if the Lord would bless me with such long life, I pray that I would be learning like Hanson each and everyday.

Thank you for all your prayers and kind words!

2 comments:

  1. Dr. Doris!! I just learned of your blog, I'm glad to hear of your good news! I hope to "chat" with you !soon, ayoda77@gmail.com. Best to Victor and you

    ReplyDelete