Sunday, May 22, 2011

May 23rd The Lord will Accomplish...

These days I have been re-reading my blog last year during my chemotherapy. There are also lots of additional reminders from devotions, sermons, bible study, etc. I noted that the Lord’s spiritual blessings during the treatment time were amazingly rich. Just as I began to doubt whether my walk with the Lord was as close as my “retreat time” last year, the Lord showed me His presence is just as wonderful and He has continued to work in my life. Praise Him!

Psalm 138:8 is a verse that has touched me deeply last year. Today it is just as refreshing! Here are 4 differnt translations:

NIV: The Lord will fulfill [his purpose] for me; your love, O Lord, endures forever —
do not abandon the works of your hands.

NASU: The Lord will accomplish what concerns me; Your lovingkindness, O Lord, is everlasting; Do not forsake the works of Your hands.

New Living Translation: The Lord will work out his plans for my life for your faithful love, O Lord, endures forever. Don't abandon me, for you made me.

NKJV
The Lord will perfect that which concerns me; Your mercy, O Lord, endures forever; Do not forsake the works of Your hands.

Isn't this a wonderful promise?! Today my prayer is that He will perfect my love for Him and for others. I am totally helpless regarding that. Our "love" is so entangled with our own unconscious desires, our self-seeking motives and our sins & pathologies that it cannot be pure. Only God can perfect that which concerns me. He will not forsake me. He will accomplish!

No comments:

Post a Comment