Sunday, July 10, 2011

July 11th What is New?

My friend noted that I had not entered a blog entry for a while. Wow - it is already July 11th and more than one month since my last entry. I am thankful for the reminder - I really need to re-orient myself to being a cheerful helper!

Much has happened during the last 6 weeks. Victor is going to change ministry and there was some drama about where he would be serving. We have got one piece confirmed and are still waiting on the Lord together for the other piece. May the Lord guide us! In the midst of the uncertainty, I re-read my blog last year, and was reminded that my primary call is to be a cheerful helper. Being Victor’s helper is my first priority. May He help me to be cheerful and loving in being His helper!

What else has happened? On the negative side, I have been back on my vanity track for a while, beginning to pursue things that are significant and worthwhile in my own eyes. May God help me to re-focus on my being His servant - to complete His assignments faithfully regardless of its apparent worth in my eyes (which is often based on the secular value of success). Lord, help me trust in your lead in all that I do.

Well I also felt somewhat low in early June, probably due to the end of the semester, Victor’s uncertainty in ministry, facing mid-life realities and accepting limitations in my recovery. I would blame menopause too - it is a killer! Yes, a lot of stuff! So I remind myself that I have committed to “live happily ever after” during my cancer treatment – [choosing to be joyful based on contentment in the Lord and to laugh and joke as much as possible and enjoy simple pleasures of life each day.] Well, I am not doing so well on this one!

On the positive side, I am learning more about God’s love, through the study of Song of Songs, one of the hardest books in the Bible. It has been a very special journey. It is difficult to share [even with Victor] what I am learning. Really need the Holy Spirit’s guidance on this one!!

In the meantime Victor and I had worked on his book Couples in the Bible, which was also our Sunday school curriculum last year. It looks promising that it would be published this year. We pray that God will use this book; hopefully it would be good material for Bible study and small group.

I now have a small growth group for pastoral staff in a church. Praise God for this opportunity as I desire to serve pastoral families more. I am also learning to trust the Holy Spirit’s guidance in this ministry too.

We will be heading back to U.S. in August! We are looking forward to it. We are praying hard for the selling of our house in U.S. We pray that the Lord will provide a permanent home in Hong Kong in Ma Wan – I want badly to have my own desk at home. Price of homes as well as rent and other things are going up and up!!! Lord, help me trust in your providence!

I hate to have grocery-list-like prayer requests – but I just realize I do have a lot of items on my plate. Please remember us in prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment