Wednesday, August 10, 2011

August 10 Back to Calfornia

We have been back in U.S. for 10 days. I have a lot to share. Perhaps I will do it chronologically.

First I was thankful that we had a safe plane ride and I was able to sleep for a few hours!

Next we visited our former church (RCAC) where Victor preached on that Sunday. In the evening we had dinner with them celebrating 3 couples’ wedding anniversary. It was great to reconnect with everyone. Although we were gone for only 3 years, I felt like we had missed so much of their growing up and changes. It was shocking to see some of my Sunday school kids now grown so tall. There are quite a few young couples now with babies I have not met. Some of the Sunday school preschoolers do not even remember me. It was a bit sad! It seems like we must move on, and this closure pushes me to be settled in our church ministries in Hong Kong. May the Lord direct and guide us in the ministries He has assigned for us so that we may serve Him faithfully in another church.

Then we drove up to Santa Barbara, Solvang, Pismo Beach, etc. along No. 1 Highway along the Pacific Coast, which was our honeymoon trail. It was very relaxing with the cool breeze. I thank God for our blessed 12 years and renewed my marriage commitment to the Lord. It is good that He is the origin of all loves – I prayed that His love (charity) would transform all our yearnings and desires. His love is the solid foundation of our marraige.

Then we visited our home – very sad to see the garden desolated and barren. But you can never expect tenants to take care of a rental property as if it is their own home. We had a lot of fond memories in the home and it was hard to say goodbye! Nevertheless we have to close this special chapter in our lives. We discovered several church connections with our real estate agents and we prayed together for the selling of this property. Then the stock market crashed next day (August 5th the Black Friday) and I worried about the sale. The only thing we can do is to entrust everything to our Lord. Today we heard there are some offers - reminding me that "The Lord is good, and blessed is the man who puts his trust in Him."

I attended a Continuing Education class for Psychologist on Saturday and met a former student. At first I thought she did not want to greet me. Later I found out that she is now legally blind due to an unsuccessful eye surgery. I remembered her perseverance during her doctoral studies. Despite this traumatic loss of body function and subsequently her job with good career prospects, she did not give up. She reminded me to be thankful for my body once again. Despite the pain and aches, my surgery was "suceessful." Once again I pray taht the Lord would help me take good care of my body so that I may serve Him in the fullest capacity.

On the 2nd Sunday, Victor preached in his former church (MPCBC). I prayed much for the Holy Spirit’s work and was most delighted to hear a good sermon relevant to the congregation. We also had a wonderful opportunity to fellowship with brothers and sisters at the church.

Besides we certainly had great food – Cheesecake Factory for Godiva cheesecake, Buca di Beppo…We also went to Whole Foods and discover more about organic and health food that are not easily available in Hong Kong.

Will tell you more...

No comments:

Post a Comment