Friday, August 26, 2011

August 27 Getting Ready for a New Semester

This last week I had bad jet lag – insomnia for quite a few nights and simply lethargic during day time. Fortunately I did not panic or feel depressed, striving to pray in those sleepy-waking moments. I struggled to work hard preparing for the new semester. After a few days toiling without achieving much, it suddenly dawned on me that I did not even pray about all these busy work. So I paused and asked God to make me a blessing to students, praying that I may be able to offer them a good learning experience and committing all that I do in His hands. In particular I ask you to also pray for guidance in ministry opportunities with students from mainland.

Last year this time I struggled with fever after my last chemotherapy shot. I am thankful for where I am at right now (with thin curly hair). Only God knows what the future holds for us. We can only walk one step at time. I read my blog again and was encouraged by what I wrote:
"The most important is total surrender to the Lord. Faith in His healing comes within our total surrender to Him and His sovereign will. Sometimes I am afraid to ask for certain things because I do not want to be disappointed. Surrendering allows us to freely ask and expect goodness from God and yet accepting “disappointments” and God’s alternative paths, only to find that His perfect way is better than ours.”

Lord, help me rest in Your perfect will!

No comments:

Post a Comment